Quotes from George Bush
The Top Ten Funniest (and Saddest) Mistakes, Misstatements, Bloopers
and Blunders By President George W. Bush (so far...).
- "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket
counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport."
--Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001
- "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many
OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across
this country." --Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004
- "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
- "There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world's
worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to
threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."
--South Bend, Indiana, Sept. 5, 2002.
- "There's an old...saying in Tennessee...I know it's in Texas,
probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once...(3 second pause)...
Shame on...(4 second pause)...Shame on you....(6 second
pause)...Fool me...Can't get fooled again." --Nashville, Tennessee,
Sept. 17, 2002.
- "See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack
each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."
--Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003
- "The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the ... the
vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And
we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
--Washington, D.C., Oct. 27, 2003.
- "I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a
friend." --on visiting Denmark, Washington D.C., June 29, 2005
- "Wow! Brazil is big." --after being shown a map of Brazil by
Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Brasilia, Brazil,
Nov. 6, 2005
- A TIE BETWEEN: "Rarely is the question asked, 'Is our children learning'?"
--Florence, S.C. Jan 11 2000 and "The illiteracy level of our
children are appalling." --Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 20004